Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My New Love and a Little Craftiness

I like to think that in this life I travel lightly. Meaning I don't like to have too much stuff hanging around. I'm not a big fan of the knick knack.  I get excited when I make the decision to get rid of one more things that seems unnecessary in our life. All that being said, man, I am really excited about the latest addition to our family of material possessions! Here she is!

My very own own buttercreamy/yellow rotary phone! 

Did I really need a vintage rotary phone? Not exactly. It was more of a whim. I think they're cool looking, and they're definitely more comfy to talk on then these new fangled cordless thingies! And, now we'll have access to the out side world when the power goes out! (she says as she tries to convince herself that spending money on an obsolete object makes practical sense). Oh shoot! Practicality be damned. I wanted her. She's beautiful, and you should hear her ring! I found her on Etsy and got a good deal. Merry Christmas to me!

On a more crafty note, I made a little zip bag for Molly yesterday. It took me most of the morning. I hadn't made one in a long time, and I made some dumb mistakes. I had to call on my one of my best friends, the seam ripper, more then once! Anyway, here's how it turned out. I think she'll like it.

I thought I would indulge her love of rick rack. And who am I kidding? I absolutely adore rick rack!

I'm working on a project for Kieran that could turn out to be a total disaster since I'm sorta making it up as I go along. I already made a huge blunder, but I'm going with it! I'm determined to make it work. And kids don't care about straight lines or even seams. I'll show you when I'm done!

The snow melted overnight. It's on the warmish side but blowing like crazy. This has been great for our hens, who haven't dared venture out of their house for a week or two, anyway. So, in honor of the girls, here is a picture of them enjoying this weather.


Because I have showcased the girls (of which we have 12) I had better add a snap of our cat, Daniel. He has a few issues. What cat doesn't. But most of time he is a dear.

Even Daniel is fan of our new phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment