It's been a busy time. Halloween is serious business in these parts, so I spent a fair amount of time fashioning our family's costumes. What else has been happening around here?
- Continued shingling of the mudroom and readying the house for winter.
- Kieran is enjoying learning to write and identify letters. He'll be busying himself with one of his workbooks when suddenly he'll nonchalantly say, "Hey, Mom, wanna see something?" He'll then proceed to write a new letter while I practically shriek with delight "I had no idea you knew the letter M! I'm so proud of you!" It's a pretty fun game.
- The boy has also taken to camping out in the house. Literally. The tent started out in our bedroom. We then moved it to his bedroom (after propping the bed against the wall to free up enough space). It has since moved to the playroom. He loves sleeping in there. And I figure, why not?
- I made two pretty new pillow covers for the living room couch.
- I also knit myself a winter hat from some really yummy Malabrigo yarn. God, I love that stuff!
- The chickens have really slowed down with the egg production, which is a bummer.
- I am loving, absolutely loving, Friday Night Lights. Have you seen this show? If you haven't, you should. I pretty much have a crush on every single character, male and female. Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose!
- I have become pretty attached to the idea that I should have a pair of Ugg boots. These are cool, and they would be so, so warm. Plus, they would last forever.
- It looks like some of my handiwork will be available at a cool shop in Portland. Stay tuned for more on that.
- My interest in the stars has actually caused me to crack a book. This book, specifically. Yes, I seem to learn best from the guy who wrote Curious George (you wanna make something of it?!). Heron, Kieran and I were out last night with our binoculars scoping out the sky. The moon was pretty bright so it wasn't the best time to be stargazing. But to see Kieran holding those binoculars up to his face with those little hands, exclaiming his own delight in the heavens above us, was truly touching. I love how interested he is in the world around him, and how he is obviously trying to figure out his place in it. God, how I love that child.
- My birthday is just around the corner. Me and the girls are cooking up some debauchery for this weekend. I can't wait!
|The hat? Kilter by Alex Tinsley. Love her stuff!|
|Damn, but I do look hot in hunter orange.|
|Yes, these are the types of views I'm subjected to day in and day out. It's a tough life, I assure you.|
|The sea witch.|
|The gorilla. Bananas Gorilla from the Richard Scarry books, to be exact. Yeah, he looks ridiculous, I know. But hey, I tried. And he was an awfully good sport!|